Baer Sports Talk

Baer Sports Talk

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

2014 NBA Preview Brooklyn Nets



When I take a look at the Brooklyn Nets I see a team that has a lot of talent, but I am unsure about how all the pieces are going to fall into place.  I think that at the beginning of the season the Nets will go through a lot of growing pains as they learn how to play together as a team.(Very similar to what the Miami Heat dealt with.)  The Nets starting lineup is full of players that at some point in there careers have been All-Stars.  The big move that the Nets made in the off season was acquiring the services of Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Jason Terry.  While all of these players are very good, the one question mark that I have with regards to this team is how much do they still have in them.  Here is a look at what the Nets Starting Lineup will look like:

 PG. Deron Williams

  SG. Joe Johnson

  SF. Paul Pierce

  PF. Kevin Garnett

 C. Brook Lopez

Key Reserves
  SG. Jason Terry

  C-F Andray Blatche
 F. Andrei Kirilenko

  PG. Shaun Livingston

Like I stated before I think that this team is going to have it's share of growing pains.  With that being said I see this team causing a lot of heartache with other teams in the Eastern Conference, and possibly give Miami a run for there money.  My projection for them is to be the 2nd seed in the playoffs and make it all the way to the Eastern Conference Finals.  After that they will have a tough time with Miami, but the one area that the Nets have an advantage with is the size that they have in the Front Court.( Both starting and off the bench)  My next preview will be for the New York Knicks, how far do I think Carmelo Anthony can carry this team.


No comments:

Post a Comment